Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Chinks in the Armor
It has been a long couple of days, weeks, whatever. Work has been ok but stressful, home has been the same. The Boss got back just fine and we have made the transition back to having him again. Our coworker who was out for surgery is back, but not nearly 100% and may be just working half days this week. We have been very busy...liver masses, possible broken jaws, ear infections...I am just one day away from 4 days off in a row and I am really ready. I can feel myself getting pushed more and more. I am working hard to manage my stress...exercising, some compartmentalizing, some sharing...but I can feel it getting to me. It is really hard not to take it out on my partner, either by being down, crying at nothing, or just being short. Sometimes I don't think he really realizes how stressful it can be. I know his job is not all fun and games, but there is something different about the work that I do. I know that the time off will be good for me to recoup and get my psyche healed up again. I hope it will give us both some time to reconnect as well. I am very much looking forward to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment