Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gone, Baby, Gone

It's official, they are gone. My sister and her family left for home today. I miss them already. We spent a great weekend here in our hometown. They arrived Saturday afternoon and we went to a local park which features tons of cool play equipment and even a "fountain" for playing in. The kids had a blast playing in the sand, climbing around the jungle gyms, and getting in the water. My sister and I had a great time too! Its a good thing the toys and equipment are well made! I am pretty sure we had just as much fun as the kids! The best part was the open mouthed looks of shock from the other families/parents that "grown ups" were playing too! After that we headed back to our house for supper. The kids loved the hill in the back and spend a long time rolling down and running back up. After supper the kids went to bed and "the boys" (Don, Adam and my Da) went out geocaching and to get some cold stone. Pretty soon it was off to bed for the growns, we were worn out too! Sunday we got up and made breakfast and headed up to the Zoo. Once we got there we realized it was crazy busy as the elephant there had just had a baby the day before! We headed in and spent a wonderful afternoon checking out all the animals, reading the informative signs and generally just enjoying being together. Towards the end of the day it started to rain and off we went to supper. We had a nice dinner and then we had to separate. Mom had work Monday and we did too. On the way home I asked Don what his favorite part of the Zoo was, at first he said "I don't know." and then he said " The best part was when Isaac asked if we could go see the 'caw-ger', he saw the sign and misread it!" It said cougar. :-) I am so glad that my Sis, Adam and the kids had a chance to spend some more time with Don. It feels good to know that everyone is getting to know one another and we are able to bond. Now they are most likely home again already and getting settled in for work and school. It was so wonderful to have them here, to be able to spend so much time together. Someday we will all live closer and we can have good times all the time.

2 comments:

Midlife Midwife said...

Boy oh boy I miss them too. I'm so glad that we all got to be together. We had a wonderful time with you and Don and the different McMinnemens was cool too. I am so happy that you felt comfortable having us all in your home, thank you. I look forward to doing some more stuff with you and Don, soon.

OhMama said...

We had such an amazing time with you guys. Thank you so, so much for letting us invade your house. It was so much fun being one big, happy family. It was an amazing time and I truly appreciate you and Don. I can't wait for the wedding!