Well, this is my first post. This will be sort of an experiment, detailing my daily routine and what goes on in my life. It may take some getting used to, but *shrug* we'll see won't we!
The end of the month is fast approaching and so is my personal deadline of getting a venue booked for the wedding. My fiance and I have been together 5 years, engaged since February, and are planning our wedding for next spring. I am feeling a little panic-y about finding someplace. It is so hard not to get ahead of myself. I am already trying to plan things so everything will be "perfect". HaHaHa. The truth is nothing is ever perfect and I just want the day to be enjoyed by all, not least of all me and my partner! The idea is to have indoor and outdoor access (as we love the outdoors and have a mix of young, middle, old, handicapped, smokers and non) and I do have a good option that gives me both. I just need more information. There sure is lot to do. I am so glad to have my family behind me and helping me out. My sister (even though she is already a super (mom)woman) has agreed to be my "wedding coordinator"...even though she lives across the country! That is true sister love!
Aside from wedding planning, I spend a lot of time at work. Right now things are a little stressful, but I know that better times are on the way. In the mean time, I get to enjoy working with animals and working on some interesting cases. This week we had a dog who needed surgery for bladder stones and in the end had to get referred to a specialist. This was made even more complicated by the fact that my boss is out of town and we are working with relief doctors. Urethral blockage in female dogs is pretty rare and can be difficult to correct. Better off at the specialist at this point. We also had a chronic treatment patient who suffers from Heptaocutaneous Syndrome, in for his weekly amino acid infusion today. The syndrome has a laundry list of issues associated with it including being linked with diabetes and a terrible skin complication (basically his skin just makes sores and rots). So far after 5 weeks of treatment our patient seems to be turning around. The diabetes is now under control and we deal with the skin problems as they flare up. Still it is a rough road for this guy. He sure is a trooper.
Well, I think that about does it. Tomorrow is my day off and I plan to take full advantage as I work the weekend. I do have some tasks to complete but I think some R&R is in order!
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it."
-K. Gibran
2 comments:
Fun Fun Fun!!! I can't wait to read about all your adventures. You ROCK!
This is a wonderful start. I'm so glad that you are sharing your life and your adventures. I look forward to reading more and more. Go for it.
Post a Comment