Monday, May 26, 2008

Weekend Happenings

Well, we've had a good and productive weekend. Saturday I worked in the morning and my other half, DonT, took a long bike ride. Then he got home and went to the home improvement store for some bricks and then bark mulch. I got home and took a little time to rest as I was still feeling pretty bad, and made some wine glass charms for our visiting friends. After a bit, I moved mulch while DonT worked on the back yard steps. They are nearly done, we only need 2 more bricks and some solar lights and its good to go! We are very excited to finally have easy access to our lower deck. Sunday we did some wine tasting after morning kennel duty and getting the house ready for guests. Then we met our friends at a local pub for lunch. We headed back to our place after going to the grocery for dinner stuff and I made a totally delicious strawberry pie with an oreo crust from scratch. I always think its funny at how people think making stuff from scratch is sooooooooo hard, and then they see it done and say "that's not so hard at all!" Today it was breakfast here, french toast made with cinnamon chip bread...so good..., then our friends had to hit the road to pick up their kids. We headed out to the outlet mall to check out the holiday sales. DonT got a smoking deal on some pants for work and I got 2(!) pair of new shoes at a buy one get one 1/2 off sale. Now I have some new shoes for exercising (once we finish setting up the smith machine) and also a nice pair for hiking. The rest of the day was spent napping (me) and working on setting up the smith machine (DonT). Then off to kennels again and back home to make dinner. All in all a pretty decent weekend. The best part?......I am finally feeling much better!

No comments: