Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Downer Week

Don just got home a little bit ago and brought news that makes this week even tougher. Our very dear friend who is still recovering from a total knee replacement has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. As it stands right now, it sounds like the cancer is minimally invasive and she may only have to have radiation therapy, which is good (all pending further biopsies, of course). It is still scary though. We will be seeing her and her husband this weekend and I think we will just make a better effort to spend time with them when we can. Not as major, but additionally, work has been sort of crummy this week too. Cases winding up more complicated than we thought, and things not going as smoothly as they could. Just real life, I guess. On the positive side, we met with and hired our photographer for the wedding. He is a wonderful man, a great photographer and is a good personality match to us. Also I have chosen the fabric for my dress and we are just waiting for a swatch so we can make sure it will do, and is, just what I want. Tomorrow is my day off and I am glad for that, then back to work for the rest of the week and weekend.

No comments: