Sunday, October 26, 2008
Lazy Weekend
I have had a relaxed and laid back weekend. Saturday I slept in, then got up and talked to some friends and made arrangements to meet up later that day. Then I made a cran-apple pie and worked on laundry. Don was out back building another wall. He finished it yesterday afternoon. Now we have a place to plant some blueberries and strawberries and maybe some veggies, if we have space. We met up with our friends in the evening and had a great time. It was so nice to see them after not having seen them for a while. We went to Mc's for supper and then headed to LaRambla for drinks ( they had a gift cert so our total bill ended up being $2) and then headed back to our place. The boys headed outside to sit by the fire pit and have a cigar and us girls stayed inside to chat and catch up. Today I slept in again (yeay!) got up and worked on laundry while Don did yard work. I made a quick trip to the store and then took a nap while watching football (yeay!). After Don came in and got cleaned up we had some wine and cheese while I worked on dinner. I made a super yum turkey noodle soup from scratch and we had leftover pie for dessert. All in all it was a very nice weekend. I feel rested and refreshed and (I guess) ready for the coming work week. It will be interesting as my boss is out of town and we will have fill-in Drs in the mean time. We shall see. This week we meet with the photographer that we want to hire for the wedding, and I hope that will go smoothly and we can check that off the list. It is good to make progress on that, and I am looking forward to having everything squared away so we can just enjoy the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment