Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shake Up

It's been very odd, contact with people I have not had contact or updates with since high school. I talked with an old friend today and had a great conversation. I was reminded how much I liked and missed her and how much her friendship meant to me, I am looking forward to the possibility of rebuilding that. I also got some updates on some other people too. People are now airline pilots, Broadway actors, corporate workers, artists, computer specialists, restaurant managers, doctors...it is strange to hear about people growing up, changing, living their lives. Hearing about how peoples dreams change, and seeing how my own have changed over the years. It is sort of bitter-sweet. I am reminded of how many choices we make to build our lives, how many paths we take to get to where we are. Remembering things given up, set by the way-side, purposely discarded, and of course, questioning some choices. Overall my life is good and I am happy, regardless of what others are doing. The truth is, no choice is final except death and every twist and turn can be taken as an opportunity to find what makes your heart sing. -Life is the sum of all ones choices-

No comments: