Alright, I know it has been far far too long since my last post. I had gotten out of the habit of writing....So now there is updating to do, or rather " there is too much, let me sum up."
Our little Ghia is still home. Shortly after her arrival to her new home and a trip to a local mechanic to assure us she was healthy and drivable (which she was not...more work, money and time passed...with lots of frustration on my part), we went out for a little drive on a sunny day. After parking the garage and feeling pretty please with ourselves, we settled in for some couch time and a little nap. As I was dosing I thought I smelled something faintly smokey....a few minutes later Don went out to the freezer for a skinnycow and the smell of burning filled the house. After getting the garage door open so we could actually breathe, Don discovered that the alternator had caught fire and while very self limiting (nothing else was damaged), the alternator was now partially melted. This means that the car can not drive and is confined to our garage. Don did some online searching and purchased new parts, but neither he nor I feel comfortable/confident enough to do the work ourselves. But since the car can not drive....argh. Don spoke with the mechanic we used with her before and as it turns out they are able to tow the car back to their shop to repair and replace. Now it is just a matter of scheduleing a time that will work for all parties...execpt the car...she doesn't get a choice! And somewhere in the far reaches of my mind I keep remembering the echo of an earlier post..."life rarely goes as planned".
No comments:
Post a Comment