Saturday, October 4, 2008

Warm-up to cool down, and Print

What a weekend so far. I worked this am and came home to news that our new fridge was in. Don had purchased one on super clearance and Lowes earlier in the week, and in stead of waiting around for it to be delivered (since we live maybe 1 mile away from the store) we opted to pick it up. So off to the store we go to load it up, no big deal there. Lots of help to get it in and it fit in the back of the pick-up. Then we got home and the adventure began. We got it out of the truck ok with the help of our neighbors, superdave and Juan. Then we got it to the garage to get the box off of it. First issue, no wire cutters. I couldn't find my pair and there was wire around the top to hold the box top on. Eventually I got smart and just used a pair of pliers to unwrap it. Then all the utility knives were MIA. Great. So I used a scissor for a while before Don freaked out that I was going to scratch the fridge...(which I did...on the side....way up high and very small...still...) so we all just ripped the box off. The we had to figure out how to get it out of the base of the box. I was starting to think we should have just gotten it delivered at this point. Eventually we discovered that the wood supports on the bottom were actually bolted on, and once I got those off we could get it out of the rest of the box. The we tried to move it in the house. Lo-and-behold...It was too wide to fit through the door. So off came the doors, and after a while of trying to figure it out, off came the drawer front. Finally we were able to get it in and thank our neighbors for their help. Only then to realize we were missing the water hose to hook up the ice maker. Super. Don was pissed since he thought that would be coming with the fridge, at least it was cheap. So now it is all set up and happy now. Good thing too, I was about ready to send the stupid thing back. Also today a new printer. Finally. Don got it yesterday at Costco for $40. With black and color ink cartridges. It can also scan and copy and fax if we want. A great deal. It is an HP too. I was not planning on hooking it up tonight, but got roped into it since Don needs to print out some paperwork. Anyway, it did go pretty smoothly, which is good as my reserves are low tonight.
In other news, the hunt for wedding dress fabric is on and it would be much easier if I was not so picky I am sure! I know I have time, but it sure seems like not a lot of time. The cake is pretty well set and the photographer and DJ too, so we really are doing well. Still to be decided, menu, invites, fabric and flowers. As well as times and exact ceremony content. *deep breath* I knew there was a reason we gave ourselves so much time to plan!

1 comment:

OhMama said...

You are doing great with the wedding planning! Everything is going to be marvelous and you have given yourself PLENTY of time. It will be fabooooooooo.