Well, everything is back to routine. Back to real life. I know this is all part of the great thing called life...but still...
The rest of the honeymoon was great. It poured down rain the entire second day and it was a windy stormy day at the ocean. We took the opportunity to go to the aquarium and really enjoyed seeing all the creatures. I especially like the octopus and the touch pools. After the aquarium we found a little Irish pub and had a snack there in the early afternoon and then had supper at a walking distance restaurant. It was wonderful to get back to the hotel, turn on the fire place and open the sliding door to let the ocean noise and wind in! The next morning was absolutely beautiful and we stopped on the way home to walk on the beach again. It was nice to get home to the kitties and our little house that afternoon. We did a little bit around the house the next day and got ready for Don's ride on Saturday. Early Saturday we got up and headed to the start, I dropped him off, stopped at the house to load the car and headed back to the coast. It was a wonderful sunny day. I made sure to remember my sun screen! I got to the beach and walked by the ocean for a long long time and then made my way back to the finish area to scope out my spot. I ate a little picnic lunch while I waited for riders to start coming in. After a bit Don arrived and we got him changed and fed and we headed to another coast town for a beer fest. We checked in to our hotel and were close enough to walk to the beer fest, which was great. We had a good time there, but made it an early night. Sunday we got up early and headed home. We got unpacked again and worked on laundry and getting things ship shape again. We got together with our friends A and G for supper and had a good visit with them. It seemed like forever since we had seen them. Things were just so busy with the wedding. Then yesterday it was back to work. Back to routine. It was not terrible, just a little bit strange after all the good chaos and time off. I know that things will even out again and we do have some future plans to look forward to...and we can make things as exciting as we want I suppose!
No comments:
Post a Comment