Thursday, April 9, 2009

30 Days

We are officially in the home stretch. Today is 30 days until the wedding. We met up with our contact at Mc's and got our final count, menu, bar stuff, time table, and room set-up taken care of. It has really been pretty pain and hassle free (except for the paying part...so says Don) and we have really enjoyed working with the people at Mc's. I also went to the bead store today and got what I needed for my jewelry. I made earrings and a necklace today and I really like them. I think they will go well with the dress, plus they are made by me and super unique. I am feeling good about the wedding, we are pretty much just on cruise control right now, mostly things are all taken care of and we can relax until the day. The three things still left on the list are the marriage licence, Don's clothes, and Don's ring. The marriage licence is not a difficult task, now that it is 30 days, we can go get it anytime. I can make a few calls for Don's clothes, but he really needs to make the call on the ring. He wants to have one made by a friend of his, and he has some ideas about what he wants. I keep trying to be a gentle reminder rather than a nag. It looks like we will be taking a road trip to Wa. on Saturday to look at a car that Don may buy. It is an old VW that we could work on together to restore. I think it would be a great project, we will see what happens. After being out for the meeting and running around, I came home and took a nap. It was nice to be able to sleep in a little this morning and get a nap this afternoon. I am still feeling just very tired. I hope that work goes smoothly tomorrow and I can have a relaxed night tomorrow.

No comments: