Monday, April 13, 2009

Final Counting Day, Road Trip, Final Fit and a Layoff

Friday was a special day. Ever since Don and I met, we have a special day each month on the 10th...a counting day...when we celebrate being together. Some days it was a big deal, like on year milestones, other days just a nice way to acknowledge each other. Friday was our last counting day before the wedding...after that it will be a different day and we can call it an anniversary! To celebrate we went to Mc's for supper and just had a nice night out together. It was a nice way to celebrate another milestone and sort of strange to think the wedding is getting so close!
On Saturday we took a long trip to Washington to look at a project car Don was thinking of buying. It was a 5 hour drive one way, but it was very nice to get to see a different part of the country. It really reminded me of Colorado. We did not end up getting the car, Don was not blown away, and while the price was ok, he thinks we can find something better. It turned out to be a nice day, and we enjoyed spending time together, having time to talk and just be together. It was a long day with all the driving, but we had a good time.
Sunday my parents did a marathon drive to bring up the final fitting bodice of my dress. Talk about great family!! They arrived just as we started having computer trouble, so Da dove in head first on that (thanks Da!!!) while Mom and I got the fitting done. I am so excited about my dress, I love it and the fit changes that we made are PERFECT! We cooked up some delicious salmon and rice and had a wonderful lunch visit. Before too long they had to head back home, but it was so nice to see them and very much appreciated! We had a very lazy rest of the day and just enjoyed hanging out together.
Today was a sort of busy day at work. Things went well, but there was an undercurrent of tension left over from Friday. Midway through the day Friday one of our workers was sent home and no one really knew why or what was going on. At an after hours staff meeting tonight we found out that that person was "laid off". I asked the obvious question, if there was an issue that the rest of us needed to be concerned about and our manager said absolutely not. So I am not exactly sure what the whole deal is/was but I figure it is really none of my business. At this point I am trusting my manager and am willing to tough it out. I will have a little bit of a wacky schedule for the next two weeks, but then things will go back to normal. We will see what happens.
Now I need to get a move on some supper so I can head to bed before too late, I will have early days from now on.

No comments: