Sunday, April 5, 2009
Birthday Weekend
Friday was an ok day for my birthday. I ended up only working 1/2 a day, which was very nice since I still felt sort of crap from Thursday. I made a really super yummy Santa Fe chicken with rice for supper and we had our friends G and A over for supper. Don gave me a neat cowgirl shirt with a big steer skull on it and some horseshoe earrings and A gave me a travel mug she had decorated herself with pictures of our kitties and also this amazing vase that I totally love.It is black and white glass, but done like a cameo, to look like trees and rocks and a little stream. It is really beautiful. I think it may even be at the wedding! Saturday Don headed out early on his bike and I picked him up part of the way to R-Burg. We met up with my parents for lunch, then met with our "officiant" to talk about ceremony content and wedding vows. It was good to meet with him and let him know what our ideas and wants are for that stuff. Then we headed back to Mom and Da to help cook supper (Moroccan chicken pie and cinnamon roll bread pudding) before heading out to meet up with some friends. It was nice to visit with them and see some people we know will not be at the wedding. This morning we got up and had breakie with Mom and Da (multi grain banana pancakes...yum!). Then we split and loaded some wood, Mom and Da have a ton of well aged oak, and we have a nice little fire pit, so it worked out well...before heading home. I napped on the way home, it was sunny and I just couldn't help myself. Then we headed over to our friends D and J's for supper. It was just a beautiful day and we had a wonderful time talking, sipping wine and enjoying the sunshine. We are going to assemble their new outdoor table for them this week and bring them some birthday cake too. It is back to the work week tomorrow and the weather is going to be really nice again...I wish I could play hookie...for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment