Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quiet Day and Musings

I took full advantage of my day off today. I went to the library and checked out a few new books, hung out at home all day and did laundry and light cleaning. It was all in all a pretty quiet day. I really enjoyed not having to do much and being able to sit and read for as long as I liked. It was good to just be and to cuddle with my kittes. It has been a little strange at our house since we found out my friend A is pregnant. We are thrilled for them but I guess I am beginning to understand what people mean when they talk about their biological clock ticking. She is younger than me by a few years and she and G have been married for 4 years or so. I guess I sometimes feel like I am little behind the 8 ball. Nearly 30 and only married a month...I know that, just like everything else in life, things have to happen on their own time table and I can not look to other peoples lives for my own time table. It is sometimes a bit of a challenge not to feel disheartened. I think it is starting to become a little more real to Don too...that someday in the not too distant future it will be me that is pregnant...and frankly I think he finds it a little scary. He has been a little more quiet than normal these last few days. I know though, that no matter how scary and disheartening things can feel, things do have a funny way of working out...even when you least expect it.

No comments: