Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Morning

It is another cloudy day today and I am sick and tired of my allergies. My sinuses are all messed up, my throat is sore and nothing seems to be helping much. At least I am not blowing snot all over the place all the time. It is pretty uncomfortable though, feeling like my head is crammed full. Aside from that, it has been an ok weekend. We spent some time with our friends A and G and G's parents and sister (who are visiting from England) on Friday evening. It was nice to hang out with them and it is always fun. Yesterday we headed in to P-town in the early afternoon and got a little shopping done and then headed over to a cycling event. Hosted by Laughing Planet (the best burritos in the world) the Cirque Du Cycling boasts a parade, followed by a series of criterium races for the different categories of riders. It is in a pretty neat area of town and we enjoyed watching the races. The parade was pretty cool too, lots of little kids and some pretty strange bike creations. There was even a brigade of naked bike riders. I am sure that some people were scandalized, but it was mostly just sort of silly. Once we got home, my head was hurting so I went to bed not long after. Today I feel less hurty, but still pressure-ful. We are going over to A and G's again this afternoon for a BBQ and I am supposed to make a strawberry pie. I suppose I had better get myself motivated and get it going, or else it won't be done in time.

No comments: