Our dear friend Don Krebs passed away Tuesday the 24th. It has been very difficult working through all the emotions of loss and guilt and sadness. I am working on focusing on the good things and feeling thankful for being able to have met him and had him in my life. He loved good wine, gardening, bird watching and Raiders football. We had many good visits, just sitting and sipping wine, chatting and enjoying each others company. Don and I were blessed to have Don and his wife Joanne share our wedding day with us. He was a wonderful man and he is deeply and truly missed.
The Thanksgiving holiday has come and gone. It was bitter sweet this year. It was wonderful to spend time with my parents and an uncle who lives in Seattle. It was good to have the extra love and support after the loss of our friend.
Yesterday we went over to see Joanne. Like she had said, the first time would be the hardest..."so lets get it over with." We brought her two mini pies we made. We hugged and cried and sat together. It was good to see her and I feel a little more peaceful now.
Today is a low key day, no plans really or tasks that must be completed. Don went out for a bike ride a little bit ago and I am working on laundry. We are both exhausted and needing the down time before the work week starts again tomorrow. I think a nap may be in both our futures this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment