It has been quite stormy lately. We have had lots of rain and last night, tremendous winds. Both of my bird feeder shepards crooks were blown down and trapped under our glass topped table (with sun umbrella still in it), which had a deck chair tangled in legs of it.... all balanced on top of my birdbath. Somehow nothing was broken, but the umbrella did wind up with a rather large bend in it.
Our dear friend D, who is in hospice care, is slipping away. We last saw him on Tuesday. He was able to recognize us and talk with us for a little while but was no longer able to sit up and faded in and out of conversation. We have been unable to visit with him since then due to his deteriorating condition. His wife J has been keeping us updated. Since Thursday he has been very agitated and has had to be sedated. As of today he is mostly non-responsive. It is really tough to find words to describe how hard it is to loose him. The best we can do is cleave to each other and practice resiliency as best as we can.
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving and visiting with family. Admittedly I have been more than a little distracted, but I think we have things at least somewhat under control. We do have a turkey...so that is good. I will work on getting back into the habit of posting more regularly. I do miss it.
1 comment:
I can hardly wait to be with you! Perhaps we can do a bit of sewing too. Our feast sounds wonderful!!
Post a Comment