Saturday, September 5, 2009

Not So Labor-ful Day

Aaahhh. A free weekend and a chance to sleep in! Don got up early and headed to Costco (I really really hate that store, I like the good deals, but man I hate shopping there) and I slept in. I was awake when he left, but just decided to lay in bed for a while...because I could. I did get up before he got home and worked on laundry and a few other projects. Once he got home we headed out for a quick trip to the grocery (I wanted 15 bean soup for supper) and then to meet our friends D and J for lunch out. Today is D's 84th birthday and we all celebrated at a wonderful new Italian restaurant in a small nearby town. There is a lot of wine tasting in that area, so good wine (at least that is what Don and D and J told me) and the food was wonderful! Everything was made on site and delicious. The portions are large too so I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow, but we couldn't pass up the fabulous desserts so we shared tiramisu, pinot noir poached pear and (a ridiculously rich) chocolate cake. They also had cannolli, but we passed that up in favor of the tiramisu. Don and I ended up waiting on the 15 bean soup until tomorrow...which works out fine so I can do an overnight bean soak. The rest of the afternoon we really spent lumping around. Don did some yard work/mole battling and I took a little nap. I did end up eating a little supper and then made a blueberry crisp type thing at Don's request. Now we are lumping around a bit more, just having a relaxed rather lazy evening. I am not sure what tomorrow will hold, it is supposed to be rainy so that may influence our plans...

No comments: