Saturday, September 26, 2009

Playing Hostess

Thursday we had a surprise visit from Mom and Da. It was a wonderful surprise! We had a nice opportunity to chat (thanks for the help and good perspective....it always helps to talk with you guys!) and then headed to the store for supper stuff. We had a fabulous salmon supper with oven roasted potatoes and a plum upside down cake for desert. It was so nice to see them, spur of the moment, and I was really sad that it was such a short visit but glad to have seen them anyway. Today has been a long sort of day. Don's friend C and his son are in the area this weekend for some league soccer games and so are staying at our place tonight. I did not sleep well last night (this has been a common occurrence as of late) and was not really ready for the day. This morning I got up and went to work, then came home and cleaned. Once Don got home he and I went to the grocery for supper stuff. After getting groceries put away I headed out to quasi work again while Don went to watch C and his sons game in a neighboring town. I am doing some house/pet sitting for my boss this week and went up to check on the outside dog, make sure and give him some people time and playtime with the inside dog (who is staying at the clinic). Then it was back to town to do kennels. By the time I was done there, Don, C and his son were nearly at the house. I helped get supper ready (they had steak and corn on the cob, I didn't eat yet...my stomach is punky) and made the coffee cake for breakfast tomorrow morning (since I have to go in for kennels and C and his son are leaving pretty early). Now the boys are all sitting on the couch watching college football (loudly). I have finished cleaning the kitchen and the coffee cake is cooling pending getting turned out. I didn't really feel ready for non-family company today and the turbo cleaning sort of put me in an out of sorts mood. I am pretty much ready to just have some quiet time with my partner and have an early turn in tonight.

1 comment:

Midlife Midwife said...

Thank you so much for playing hostess for us. We had a wonderful time and hope that we can do it again. We need to decide on a Thanksgiving menu so we can all begin deciding how best to do our part. Please make contact with GB and invite him - also mention that you have a cite up and invite him to look at it.