Sunday, July 12, 2009
Contact
I have been a bit behind on my blogging...between work and the extended Tour coverage I have not been making time to post. Today I talked to my sister. From England. They have finished their ocean voyage and were able to call using Internet phone. It is 8 hours ahead there, so it was very late and our conversation short. Mostly assuring each other that we were well and inquiring about the trip from my end. It was very strange. I found myself crying after hanging up the phone. Somehow at this point the distance just seems so much. I know in my logical mind that it is not going to make it any more difficult to see her and the kids...we were not able to see each other all that frequently when they lived in the states (it will be more time consuming, but worth it I am sure)...and that we will still be able to talk and e-mail...but it just seems somehow more. I suppose that it will take some time to get used to and right now it is just the initial unsettling that can be expected. I am sure that it seems a little odd...my husband said as I was crying saying that they are gone now really really and in England, "Did you think it was somehow not going to happen?"...It isn't that really and I knew they were going. I just don't know how to put it into words. Anyway, I was very glad to have heard from them, that they had made it safely and were getting things set to right and getting settled. They will have our parents there for another week to help and do adventures with. Then Mom and Da will head back home. I know my sis and her family will be in for many adventures and someday we will be able to go and visit. Until then, we will rely on technology to make things feel less far.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment