Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the Next Day

Grief is a bit like a sore tooth that you can't keep your tongue off, or road rash that keeps sticking to your clothes. It was good that I had work today. It helped me to keep my mind focused and not to allow myself to sink in to the guilt and sorrow of loosing my buddy. There is always a time of "would of, could of, should of" and feeling upset for not being able to "be there" to say goodbye and ease Wally's fears. Nothing changes that and only time makes it lessen. I still feel sad, but at peace, I suppose, knowing the best choice was made. I was very tired last night and seemed like I slept very heavily, but I woke up with a headache and feeling not well rested. Things did improve through the day and I feel better tonight. Mostly just tired now and still sad.

No comments: