Monday, July 20, 2009

Exhausted Weekend

We were up pretty early for a trip to Seattle on Saturday. We were headed up with our friends A and G for G's early birthday...to see the Seattle Sounders take on Chelsea. It was good fun and the game was great...especially since Chelsea won 2-0. After the game we wandered around looking for someplace to eat that was not totally jam packed. We ended up in a little Asian market type place that was decent enough I suppose. Then we headed home via the airport so I could pick up my parents who were coming home from seeing my sis in England. It was very good to see them and be able to talk with them...and also to drive them to our place since they were completely and utterly exhausted. I got them home and pretty much straight into bed...I think they were both snoring before 3 minutes had passed! Sunday morning we got up and visited. Shared pictures and stories, then went blueberry picking. We had wonderful whole wheat corn meal blueberry pancakes for breakfast and more visiting. Mom and Da headed home in the afternoon, since they both had working to do Monday. It was good to see them, just way to short. Today it was back to work, my post has been changed due to someone else's work issues, so my day was slightly more stressful than normal. I came through it all ok and I know that even though it seems like a not so good thing, it really is a good thing because it means I am a trusted and relied upon worker. The weather has been quite hot lately and it is tiring me out....96 degrees is just too much. I hope it cools off a little tomorrow.

No comments: