Sunday, August 23, 2009
Not as Planned
We ended up having pizza for supper Friday night and sharing a bottle of wine. It was really nice after my trying day...and we had a coupon for the pizza so that was good too. Saturday we both got up and headed to our respective places of employ. My day was substantially better than Don's...not too stressful...I completed my tasks and while my manager was in, had a chat with her about the current situation. After she left I only had about 20 minutes prior to close and I was able to get my final tasks squared away so I only had to walk dogs after closing. I got home around 1...which is pretty darn good. Don on the other hand had a full day and didn't make it home until 4-ish...which is pretty crap. We didn't get to see D and J for supper as we had hoped...they had to cancel as D was not feeling well. Since I didn't have kennels this week, and our date with D and J was off, we headed out to a hot air balloon night glow out at the air museum around 8. It was nice, but a little weird since there were only 6 balloons and it was more of a spectator thing. Rather than people walking around the balloons and talking to the balloon crew or looking at the baskets etc....everyone was sitting around in camp chairs, on blankets or just standing and watching. It did make me feel pretty nostalgic and I was remembering times as a kid crewing for my Papa (ok...more likely getting in the way and playing around than actually crewing...but still...) and looking at all the pictures from the balloon rallies in New Mexico when I was a baby. Anyway, it was beautiful and it made me even more excited for Don and my balloon adventure coming up next weekend. We got a gift certificate for a balloon ride as a wedding gift and we go next Saturday! This morning we were supposed to get up and go see the balloons again...Don wanted to see them in the day and watch them take off...only he didn't wake me. When I got up a little after 8 and said "I guess you changed your mind about going to the balloons this morning." He said "I just didn't think you would get up." Blargh. Not a very good start to the day to say the least. That statement was quickly followed by "There is plenty of work to do around here anyway." Double Blargh...no coast today. I spent the day reading and doing a few house chores...laundry, cat box...Don spent the day doing yard work. He finally came in late this afternoon just as I was heading to the store. I don't feel entirely ready for the work week to start tomorrow. I hope I can have a good rest of the evening and a good rest tonight so I can be better prepared to face the new day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment