Monday, August 10, 2009

Negligent Blogicide

I have been bad about posting lately... I am not sure what my deal has been, but here we go as I try to get back on track....Last week was workful. I did get to talk to my sister on Wednesday afternoon (I had a half day off since I was on for the weekend) and we had a really good chat, although she was not feeling well (poo on the cold!). I had headed to the grocery right after work so we chatted while I put away groceries. The rest of the afternoon I just did chores and cleaning...I did laundry, did a total clean on the cat box, cleaned the bathrooms, and even did windows...(I know! Unheard of!!). We finished out the week on Friday with not too much excitement. We visited with our friend J and had a nice chat with her. D is doing marginally and is still at the care home. Saturday I went to work in the morning and then came home and Don and I got ready to go to the Ross Coleman Invitational. It is a PBR event in our area that raises money for the make-a-wish foundation. In order to get ready we needed to finally get ourselves decked out in true country style and get some.....COWBOY BOOTS!!!!!! I found a really cool grey pair (with snake skin even!) at a second hand store and Don got a smokin' deal on a new pair at the western wear store that I had gotten him a gift card for (for his birthday)...they were on clearance too!!! We had a great time at the event and we thought our guy Ross Coleman was going to win...but he got bucked off a tremendous bull in the final round. We got back to town really late and went to do kennel duty (all cleared and prearranged with my boss for being so late). It was the first time in a long time we have been out that late, we were very tired and I will say my feet and rear were really really sore! Sunday I got up for kennels and was way tired. We headed out and picked blueberries, then came home and got them all processed. We had lunch out and did a few errands before heading home. Don did yard work and I ended up taking a nap. Then in the evening back out for kennels and home again to fix supper. I made a really tasty black bean and chipotle sausage over rice. It was very good and leftovers for lunch today even better. I also worked on a project for a present for my sister, whose birthday is coming up, and am really pleased with the results. I hope she likes it as much as I do. Then it was bedtime and back to work today. Things are going well with the kitties too. Barley is doing well with her treatment and her stool is nearly normal! I know it seems odd to be so excited about poop, but it is a big deal after diarrhea for so long. Rye is doing well too, less hair pulling and he is eating well and not having any issues passing stool. So far all improved. Today was sort of a strange strained day. There is a lot of tension currently and again I am not involved, only in that it affects my work environment. Blargh. I hope that things are better tomorrow. It feels odd to have not posted in so long....I just need to keep on it....

1 comment:

Midlife Midwife said...

I have missed you so. We are so looking forward to visiting with you this weekend. I am not on call so it can be great fun!!!