Monday, February 9, 2009

Progress and Setbacks

I woke up today feeling like if I had another day off I would most likely sleep it away. Still not feeling very well. My right ear was really painful and my throat was still sore on that side as well. I headed off to work hoping things would get better. Unfortunately, they didn't. I have held it as a point of pride that in my entire tech career I have never been bitten by a dog ( I have been nailed twice by cats...but still..)...until today. I was working with one of our city police dogs and he suddenly snapped and attacked me. That said, several things worked in my favor : 1.the dog was leashed up and hooked up, thereby limiting his range of attack, 2.the dog was in for dental work and already is missing one canine tooth, 3. I wear long sleeves and was also wearing a fleece jacket. So the extend of the damage...one severely bruised and scrapped left arm just above the elbow. Over all extremely lucky. Then while he was out for his dental, while I had my hand in his mouth, he did an involuntary bite and caught my finger! ARRRGGHH! That hurts! So my left middle finger has two lacerations, one one each side of the nail and lots of bruise. What a day. I was almost crying after the finger bite and told A, my co-worker who was helping me, that I was just about done and if anything else happened I was going home! Thankfully the rest of the day was uneventful and my cold seems to be getting better. Now I home and planning an early night with a dose of ibuprofen before bed.

No comments: