Saturday, February 14, 2009
Tour Of California
Whew, we are settled here in Santa Rosa for tonight. Friday was absolutely BRUTAL. We ended up getting up at midnight Thursday night and were on the road by midnight thirty. We headed to bed at about 8 but I was not able to sleep at all. My cold moved into my chest and I was so sore and trying not to cough so Don could sleep. Once we got on the road I stayed awake to offer support to Don. It was a really long long long day. I felt terrible all day, my voice was gone and my chest was super sore. Plus I was really tired, but I just couldn't get to sleep very well in the car. We had to change our original route due to weather conditions and that tacked on more miles and more time. We finally got into Sacramento at about 6 and headed out for supper. We ended up meeting a guy from North Carolina here for the tour and had a good time talking with him. Today was better, I was not feeling stellar still, but my cold seems to have improved a bit. We were in Sacramento for the time trial prologue and had a great time. We got a few pictures and autographs today and are planning another full day tomorrow. We are both pretty tired still and are heading to bed sort of early tonight. Tomorrow we will meet up with Don's brother and stay in Santa Rosa for the finish of stage one
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment