Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy Bees

We had a jam-packed weekend this weekend. Friday night right after work we headed to a local wine tasting event. We had a great time, tasted lots of wines, bought none, and headed home around 10:30p. Saturday we went down south to visit both of our families. Don's mom celebrated her 60th today, so we were there to help celebrate early. We met up with the family in the evening time at a local pizza place, had presents, cake and lots of visiting. We had gotten into town earlier in the day and spent the afternoon with my parents. We had lunch at a wonderful bagel place and did some wedding shopping. We looked at shoes and got a good idea of what I want. Now I just have to find and buy them. It was great to visit with my parents and shopping with them is always fun. I love our chaos. After we met with Don's family we headed up to my parents house and had dessert and learned to play gin. We played and ate and talked until late. We went to bed rather than stay up later since we needed to get a somewhat early start home since we had another stop to make and had already made arrangements to go to a friends house for dinner. We made it home this afternoon, got unloaded, took care of our kitties and started laundry before going to our friends D and J's house for supper. It was nice to relax and talk with them, sip some wine and not have to worry about making supper. Now we are home again, working on laundry and I am feeling ready for bed. Tomorrow is the start of another work week and I do not feel ready at all.

No comments: