Friday, March 6, 2009

Fatigued Friday

Wow. Today was a long day. It all seems like a big blur and seemed like several days packed into one. The missing co-worker is still out "sick" so we were very short staffed today. I worked with my manager and two "volunteers" who have job shadowed before. It actually went pretty well, it was just long. I like our new relief doctor. She is very nice and practices similar medicine to what we are used to. I got home an hour late after helping out with the cleaning. Our cleaning person has quit, so starting next week we will be responsible for all the cleaning anyway. I am working tomorrow also, and possibly the weekend kennels too. I don't know quite yet. My manager told me I could take a 1/2 day off on Monday and give my hours to the missing co-worker. I politely declined. I would much rather keep my own hours for myself. She can work it out on her own. She effectively screwed the rest of us over and I have no sympathy for her. My manager totally understood, which was nice. So now I will get an extra half day of pay for tomorrow and maybe more if I end up doing kennels. I would rather not have kennels, but overtime is good too. Tonight I am just wiped out. I feel like I am ready to fall asleep right now. At least tomorrow is just a half day.

No comments: