Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Chin Up and Eyes on the Horizon

I did not get to have my late start at work today. I got called in early since one of the other workers had called in late that she was not coming in. I still don't know if she is working tomorrow or not. It worked out ok for me, since I am really pretty flexible, and I always try to remember that more hours = more money. But it was an absolutely dismal day. We had very very few appointments and the phones were totally quiet.all.day.long. It made the day even more difficult for me, I was off kilter getting called in and also did not sleep well last night, and the slowness just made things worse. Last week when I was having such a hard time I was able to e-mail to my boss and I just let him know that I was missing him and how much I appreciated working with him and am looking forward to him returning. It was very nice to hear back from him and to get his encouragement and so far I am working hard on doing just what I need to do...keep my chin up and my eyes on the horizon.

No comments: