Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lazy Day Review

Despite my being hopelessly lazy today (much to the annoyance of my partner) it has been a decent enough weekend. I worked Saturday morning and it was a little bit of a tough day. I got done late since I had so many animals to care for. After a quick stop at the grocery I came home and got started on some supper prep. We had our friends A and G over. We had a good time and good conversation even though I had to bug out for a while for kennels. I made spaghetti and homemade meatballs with homemade oat-beer bread. Then for dessert we had strawberry shortcakes with homemade shortcake biscuits. It was all super yummy. We are planning to have them over again in a few weeks for my birthday. I know what cake I am baking for myself, but I am still trying to decide what to have for supper. Today I got up early to go do kennels and then came home and had no desire to do anything. Don rode on the trainer and I took a nap, then after a while I went back and did kennels again. Now I am done with work until tomorrow. My finger seems to be healing ok, we did have to cut off the separated nail, but since it was all on the joint side (rather than the outside where one would normal trim their fingernail), I now have a big hole in my nail where the quick is exposed. It is not too hurty mostly but every now and then I will get it just wrong and it is really hurty. We have had a lot of interesting bird visitors this weekend too. Don spotted a little red hummingbird, I think it is a rufous sided hummingbird, and a little while ago I saw a warbler. The little hummingbird is really pretty, but tough to see since it is so quick. It was zipping all over the new buds on the trees. I am feeling pretty worn out tonight, silly I know since I didn't really do much today, but I think I will head to bed pretty early and try for a good start to the week.

No comments: