Sunday, March 29, 2009

On the Up-Swing

After last week I was very much ready for the weekend. And as it turns out we had a pretty nice one. Friday after work and a quick supper at home Don and I headed out to a local wine bar where a friend was playing. We shared some wine and a wonderful cheese plate and enjoyed the cool, jazzy music. We then headed to the Mc's for some dessert and ended up sharing a table with a couple who were visiting our area. We had a nice chat with them and were able to recommend some great local places to visit. It was a very nice and relaxing night out. We slept in on Saturday and then headed into P-town for a day out. We stopped at the outlet mall and got scored some great deals on work pants for Don and some cute shirts for me. Then we headed out for lunch at Laughing Planet and over to a new cigar bar that Don wanted to visit. It was a nice place I suppose, but since the weather was rainy everyone was staying inside, and it seemed to me not very well ventilated. We drove home with the windows cracked, striped down just inside the house and started laundry right away, and got in the shower! Once the de-stinking was done, we had a yummy supper of tacos and just spent some time hanging out. Today we did a little running around, returned our bottles and cans and got some groceries. Don rode his bike and I finished a book I was reading. We also got a hummingbird feeder! We had been seeing them around and yesterday spotted !6! flitting around in our back yard trees, feeding off the new blossoms. So we decided to get one to entice them to come in closer and also offer them more food, since the butterfly bush is not blooming yet. They are so pretty. We have some green ones and some really pretty red ones too! I was so surprised at how fast they came to the new feeder. It was not even up 1/2 an hour and the little hummers were feeding at it!! We were planning on seeing our friends A and G today, but it didn't work out in the end. So now we are hanging out at home, finishing the last of the laundry and getting ready for PBR and supper. I am planning on going to the grocery midweek, to get what I need for my birthday cake. I will have to make it the day before, since that is when I have a day off and I will need the time to get it done. I am making a pecan praline cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting and pecan praline topping! I make something different every year. I still have not decided what I will cook for my birthday supper, but we will have our friends A and G over for sure. Then we will be off to R-Burg to see my parents, meet with our officiant to talk about vows and ceremony content, and meet up with some friends for a pre-wedding get together. Then we will head home on Sunday and meet up with D and J, who have invited us for a late birthday celebration at their house. It will be a packed weekend no doubt, but a good one if all goes to plan.

No comments: