Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Half-Day
So far this week has been pretty good. Work has been going ok and it has been sunny so that helps. We are also going to be having a new employee soon (she starts on Monday) to replace one who has needed to be gone for a while. I am excited about the new person and am really looking forward to working with and learning from her. She has been a tech for a lot of years and has lots of experience with critical and ER care. She seems like a nice person and a good team member too. My injured nail continues to be kaka and is causing a little trouble. It has turned loose from the nail bed, but only on 1/2 of it. It is also coming off...but it has started coming off under the cuticle and is still firmly attached near the top...so it was able to get caught on things...not good. I tried taping it down, just to keep it from getting caught and wrenched, and discovered that was a good idea as long as I didn't need to take the tape off for any reason (like it getting wet, or soiled...eww). Ouch. It was a hard lesson and I was glad no one else was around for it. I guess I didn't realize how sticky the tape would be. In the end I decided it might be better to use skin glue to stick it down and that seems to be working for now. It is still pretty sore and I know it will most likely take a long time for the whole thing to be ready to come off and it might not be done until the current nail grows out completely. Yuck. I had a half day today as I am working the whole weekend, so I headed to a nearby town to look for wedding shoes. I had seen some while visiting my parents this past weekend, but the store didn't have (what I thought was) my size. It turns out that the size I thought I would need was too snug after being on my foot for a few minutes so I ended up getting a size that the store near my parents did have. Oh well. I really like them, plus they were on super clearance so that made it even better! Once I got home and started some laundry and just hung out with the kitties and enjoyed the sunshine. I have tomorrow off too and am really looking forward to not many tasks and just some time. I hope it is nice weather again tomorrow, maybe I will take a walk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment