Monday, November 10, 2008
Dubious Start to the Week
Argh. Another week of work starts. Usually Mondays are busy and crazy, but today was just crappy. Two of our really good clients are going to be losing their pets in the very near future. One is already scheduled, the other is just a matter of time. It is crappy. I have posted about one of these little guys previously, the one I learned how to do jugular catheters on. He has hepatocutaneous syndrome and has developed diabetes. Things were going well and we were able to manage both diseases until recently. In the past two weeks he has developed avascular necrosis in all four of his feet and unlike humans we cannot simply amputate. His pain level is so high that he can not even be caged with or be near his litter -mate and lifelong pal because even the slightest bump or tumble makes him attack. It is just really hard to realize that we were able to do so much for him but in the end this is the thing that will be the final reason. The other is a really old pet that we have been seeing its entire life, literally since day one. It is getting to be time but it is never easy. Days like this sometimes leave me questioning, but I know tomorrow is a new day and sometimes that is all I need to get a better frame on things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment