Sunday, November 9, 2008
Weekend Ended
Sunday night and we are all settled in our house, relaxing and enjoying the last of the weekend. It was a busy one again, since I am not sick anymore. Don and his buddy went to a soccer game Friday night and ended up getting home pretty late. Then Saturday I talked on the phone with my friend in Kentucky and had a great chat ( I am so glad that she found me! I hope that we can build a great friendship again!), then we went over to our friends house in the afternoon for supper and college football. It was so nice to spend time with them. They are a married couple close in age to us and we all get along really well. It was just nice to talk to my friend again and also to get out of the house. She made these fantastic turkey meatball subs from scratch that were so tasty, I might have to steal her recipe! Today, I slept in and did laundry while Don went to the costco and ran some other errands. In the afternoon we visited our friend who has just had surgery for breast cancer and her husband. She is doing ok, mostly just painful and very tired. Her Drs will have a treatment plan for her later on this week after they get all the biopsy results back from her surgery. It was good to see them, but we didn't stay long so she didn't tire out too much. We brought over some bread and apple butters to share and for them to keep. Then back home to start supper. I made a really yummy spicy stir fry and also an apple-cranberry crisp. Now I am watching some football and hanging out. I have been feeling pretty out of sorts this whole weekend. Just sort of angry for no reason and hurt feeling easily too. I didn't realize that it is almost time for my period, so it makes sense, but it is still a battle to not be nastymean. Mostly I get to feeling like my partner doesn't want to be around me and that nothing I do is good enough. The truth is all of this is internal, my partner does not say or do things to relate these feelings to me and truthfully, when I am pissy, I don't want to be around me, so who can blame him. I know this is temporary and will settle soon enough, but it still stinks. Tomorrow back to work and back to the grind. Sometimes I think we need a vacation....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment