Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Wrapup

This has been a great holiday weekend. Friday was a great day, we had good adventures in P-town and I was successful in choosing fabric for my wedding dress. I love the fabric that I picked and I think it will be really beautiful. Saturday my uncle headed out in the morning, he had the longest to go, and we took my parents out for some hiking and geocaching. There are quite a few caches in our town and we were able to find 7! My Da helped us to get all set up with a name and geocaching account page so we can find and do more! We had lunch together and walked around our little downtown area and then headed home for a little bit. Mom and Da headed out in the later afternoon, they were trying to avoid the civil war game traffic, and then Don invited our friends over to watch the game. I was feeling a little overwhelmed since my parents had just left, but it was still good to see them. I made turkey burgers and tots and we had pie for dessert. There is no more pumpkin left and I am already thinking about making another one. My uncle suggested putting chocolate chips in the strusel topping and I think that sounds super tasty!! There really is no plan for today except getting ready for the week ahead. I am currently doing laundry, running the dishwasher, and "self-cleaning" the oven. I am just ready for some at home quiet relaxing time. I love having my family here and spending time with them, but it is also nice to just be 2 again. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday I think. I love the cooking and the food and just that it is all about being thankful for each other and what we have in our lives. No thing more, just being thankful for what we have. I plan on staying close to home today and relaxing between tasks. Don already headed out to do some shopping...I don't know for what. I hope that we can spend some time together today too.

No comments: