OK, so the big news is....we have gotten a clinic kitty again!! For years we had a wonderful kitty named Grayson who lived at our clinic who was a blood donor, welcoming committee, friend, comforter, and sometimes a terrific pain in the butt. He developed an inoperable cancer and after loads of very hard chemo treatment passed away, this was about 2 years ago. Since then there has been a lot of grieving (I still sometimes talk to him like he is around when I am having a particularly tough day) and discussion as to whether or not we all wanted to get a kitty again. Lots of clients wanted us to get one, but at first we were not sure. Grayson was a very very very special kitty and can never be replaced. Lately we had all been talking more about how much we missed having that kitty presence around and decided we would ask the boss if we could get a kitty. He agreed and now we have a little 8 week old siamese-y kitten! We are calling him Capoc, it is short for the name of our boss's Army reserve unit, and he is adorable! Today he got tested for worms, feline leukemia and feline aids, and got his first vaccines. It was quite a lot for him to go through and we rewarded him with lots of toys and love. It is nice to have another kitty around, to care for and to have as a sometimes needed distraction. Grayson is still THE clinic kitty and I miss him more than ever right now, but I know that he would have loved Capoc. Grayson was always trying to groom and "mom" the kittens that came in. I love you always Grayboy!
In other news, today was week two of the new workout routine and what do you know...my legs hurt again. Not as bad as last week, but still...yucky. Argh. Oh well I know I just have to keep at it and it will get better as time goes on. The reward will be worth it, I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment