Sunday, January 18, 2009

Wii Had So Much Fun!

What a great weekend! Saturday Don and I headed down to see my parents and meet up with C and W, a couple of friends, for lunch. We had a nice lunch with C and W and enjoyed visiting with them. Then we headed up to my parents house. We had a late holiday gift exchange (thanks again to you both!) and got started on some computer surgery. Then they showed us their new toy.....a Wii!!! What fun that was! Don and Mom started out playing together and doing the skill building games, since Don (and I) had never played before, while Da and I worked on the laptop (we gave it a new brain, whoohoo!). It was hilarious to watch them working the wii's and Don creating his wii-mii. We went for the "looks like me in real life" approach.....except Don added a wonderful black Pancho Villa mustache and a black goatee!!! It is great and HILARIOUS! We really liked to play the sports games and had to pull ourselves away to make a delicious bean soup for supper and apple cherry pie for dessert. Then after supper and kitchen clean up....more wii games!!! By then it was getting pretty late and Mom and I decided we had better get a move on the cinnamon rolls we had planned for the next morning. So the guys played wii and we baked and somewhere around 1am we all finally hit the sack. We had so much fun with the wii, when I was trying to fall asleep, I kept giggling because all I could think of was Don hollering "Get off the fence cow!!" (I !!love!! the racing cows skill game, but when we first played Don was holding his controller backwards, only we didn't know it, and couldn't understand why his cow kept running into the fence and wouldn't turn the way he was turning his controller). We all had a nice sleep-in this morning and woke up and cooked our cinnamon rolls (all 50 or so of them) and had a wonderful breakfast. Then we played the wii some more. It was a blast for sure. Around noon time Don and I loaded up and headed back home. It got sunny about a 1/2 hour into the drive and I fell asleep and slept most of the way home. Then we made a quick stop at the grocery and came home. Now we are hanging out and enjoying some football and starting to get somewhat ready for the week ahead. It was so nice to visit with my parents again, I miss them and really wish we all lived closer together so we could do fun things all the time. It is so good to have that great bond with them, to be able to have fun together and just be silly sometimes. I always look forward to seeing them again, pretty much right as soon as we get home. In the mean time, back to our lives and routines. It is leg day again tomorrow and with any luck it will not be so painful this week.

1 comment:

OhMama said...

Uhhhh, now I get to hassle you! You were so weirded out when we got our Wii. And now you LOVE it. You are a stinker. Anyhoo, I'm glad that you guys had a great time. I can't wait to see you in May.