Thursday, January 29, 2009

Long day and Birthday Prep

Wednesday turned out to be a crazy day. At the start of the day, it looked like our afternoon would be totally quiet, so one of our workers was chomping at the bit to leave early. Dr ok'd her to go and no more than an hour later, we had filled our entire afternoon with several critical patients. So myself and the remaining worker hustled all afternoon to get everything taken care of. It actually went really well since we really like to work together and make a good team. Even the Dr noticed. I did end up getting home an hour late though and didn't end up doing my work out. I sort of figured that the work I did at work, like moving a 60 pound dog on and off the x-ray table about 10 times for a barium series, counted for an arm work out. Plus it was nearly 8 and I still needed to get supper ready. I ended up making spaghetti and then heading to bed soon after. I felt ok until I sat down, then I got tired! Today I got up early and headed out to the grocery store for the last ingredient for Don's birthday cake. His birthday is tomorrow, but we both have to work, so I got all the prep work done today. I made his traditional triple deck-er German's chocolate cake and also did all the prep and set up for the spicy turkey sausage, mushroom, and spinach lasagna. We are going to have some friends over tomorrow night to share and celebrate. It will be lots of fun. I have spent the rest of the day doing laundry and some cleaning. It is hard to believe that it is almost February already. The time is going by so fast. I am working on getting the last few things on my wedding list done too. I just got all the Hotel info sent out today and still have to get invites together and mailed out. Step at a time and day by day.

No comments: