Saturday, December 6, 2008

End of the Week

Things just never seem to slow down around here. Work yesterday was crazy, we ran out of room! All the kennel spaces were full. After a long day of work I raced home to get ready for Don's office holiday party. It was ok, we didn't stay super late since I had to work today. Work this morning was pretty crappy too. I worked on my own today, Dr was out of the office.We had a hospitalized patient that we took in yesterday who the Dr had tentatively diagnosed with lymphoblastic leukemia, just as the owners came to visit he took a turn for the worse and passed away a while after they left. It was a sucky deal. It is always hard to have a patient die, but it is even worse when there is just me there. I stayed late after work to allow the owners some time to visit with him before we got him ready for cremation. Then I went and did some shopping and came home to rest for a little while. I just got home from kennels, everyone is doing fine. Don is still in Portland with Garry and his brother is on the way. Tomorrow we are going to see our old friends to help them decorate for the holidays and have supper with them. I am very much looking forward to that. I suppose that is really all I have to share for now. I am just working on keeping my head up for the time being.

No comments: