Monday, December 15, 2008

Snow Day...But Not for Me

Wow, it really turned wintry here literally overnight. This morning we woke up to several inches of snow everywhere! It was a little icy under it all from yesterday so it was a super slow drive in to work today. Today was a slow day with lots of cancellations due to weather. I was feeling a little bit like I didn't want to go in but it was a pretty good day in the end. It was fun to see the boarding dogs play in the snow this morning and also to know that I was taking good care of them. I also had a chance to do some team bonding with our new receptionist. I really like her a lot and it was nice to have a slower pace so we could learn more about each other. We also got off work right on time, which doesn't always happen, so we are happy when it does. It was also a super slow drive home tonight. Someone took the turn into our neighborhood a little too quickly and took out a light pole!! It was just laying there on the sidewalk! It is supposed to stay very cold the rest of this week and I am a little nervous about tomorrow, since people were out driving around today and creating some slush, I am sure it will be super icy tomorrow! Slow and steady and aware of the crazies is the way to go.

No comments: