Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow-o-Rama

This morning I was going to get picked up by my boss for work...things didn't quite work out as planned. My coworker called to say that she would not be able to come in and that she was unable to reach our boss. Our other coworker is still not able to come in after her car accident last week. Sure enough, no power still at my boss's house and no phone either. Their cell phones were dead too (no power to recharge)....so I couldn't reach them either about getting a ride. I hustled to get ready and had Don drive me over and leave me there, so at least the patients could be cared for. My boss did end up getting to town, although they were running a bit behind. By this afternoon the phones were not ringing anymore and no one else was coming in so my boss called it a day and closed up shop. They drove me home since Don was still at work. Now I am home again and getting all ready for more snow. Don will be home soon. The next storm is supposed to start dumping more snow on us again before too long. I hope the weather gets a little warmer soon. It will be nice when we can just run out to the grocery store again and not have to get so creative for meals.

No comments: