Friday, December 19, 2008

More Snow and a Missing Puppy

Today was another day with more snow. It did warm up a little but not enough to melt all the snow. My office ended up closing early, which was ok with me. We were very short staffed, just me, since one worker couldn't get in and the other got in a car accident last night. So I ended up home a little early, which was good since the roads started to freeze up again shortly after I got home . They are calling for a lot more snow tomorrow and I am sort of hoping this all passes soon. I am tired of having cold feet. Tonight, just now, we were sitting on the couch, I was reading and Don was looking at VW's, and the door bell rang. It was my turn to get it, last time it was a delivery guy, and it was one of our neighbors letting us know that another neighbor had a little dog that had gotten out and they saw some tracks going into our back yard. They figured they had better let us know what was going on since they were sort of lurking around in the back yard looking for the dog. So out we went to join the search, and sure enough tracks went into our backyard, under the deck and right along the fence line, down the hill towards the wetlands. We looked all around in the yard and under the deck. One of the neighbors went down the fence line to look in the wetlands. He could see tracks going back towards the other neighbors house, where the dog lives, only they were on the wetlands side of the fences and there is no way to get back over save our yard(which is not fenced), or going all the way around the development, next to the highway and then back in. I have come back in because it is too cold out and the one neighbor is creepy and had brought a broom (?!?) to assist in finding (?I guess?) the dog. Don is still out helping them look and I told him if he sees it to be careful since it is most likely pretty scared and might bite. I really do hope they find it...it is too cold for a little chihuahua to be out and I fear it will not last long if they can't find it.

No comments: