Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter Arrives

Today was sort of a long day. We had a fracture repair in the morning and then a slow afternoon, that ended up being crazy right at closing. On top of the craziness, I hurt my finger first thing in the morning, so it was a little tough to do all of my work. I was lifting up a cage rack and somehow managed to rupture a blood vessel on the palm side of my first finger at the middle joint. It was swollen, stiff and pretty sore most of the day. It feels better tonight but there is sure an ugly bruise there. After work tonight we headed over to the grocery store since we were totally out of dish soap and then came home for supper. Now we are just home and relaxing. It has really turned to winter here, it was rainy and windy all day. Now it is still rainy and windy, but getting cold. We just heard icy taps on the window! The weather report is not calling for snow until Sunday, but it is already colder now than what they had predicted. We shall see. I am a little excited to have some snow. I miss that from living in other states. Tomorrow we have some shopping planned and then my office holiday party. Not much else is planned at this point and I am a little bit glad. I am hoping for a little down time to spend at home and just be with my partner.

No comments: