Sunday, December 21, 2008
What a mess
Today, instead of the predicted warm up with freezing rain and then a warming trend, we got more snow. Quite a bit more snow. And some freezing rain thrown in for good measure. Today Don really started feeling the cabin fever and I will admit there was a moment of tension, but things are better now. I put out extra food for the birds and they have been enjoying that a lot. This afternoon we even had a little hawk or kestrel try to make a snack out of one of the little birds right in front of the sliding glass door. It was pretty neat and the little bird got away. The little hawk/kestrel sat in our trees for a while too and we were able to watch it for a while before it flew away. We have done some house keeping and laundry and I even made cinnamon rolls today. We just ate supper and now are hanging out watching football. As for the weather, they are predicting more of the same (cold, snow and freezing rain) and have said that it is not looking good for a warm up tomorrow either. As for work, it sounds like both of our places of employment plan on trying to be open tomorrow. We will have to see what tomorrow morning brings and whether or not we can make it in. I am sure I will not be driving, as the snow is currently higher than my car sits, so it would be like burrowing through the snow or plowing with no plow. I know I can get a ride with my boss, since they drive near by our house, but I do not feel 100% about trusting my boss's driving either. I feel divided about it, while it is good to work and earn wages, it is not really super safe for anyone to be driving and traveling about. We will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment