Monday, December 22, 2008
Snow Update
So a bit ago, my bosses stopped by, just to check in and let me know they were not trapped anymore. They were headed down to check in on the patients at the clinic. Everyone had cancelled so our office ended up being closed today anyway. We are going to try again tomorrow. I went out earlier and shoveled the driveway a little bit so Don can get back in when he gets home. The snow is really wet and heavy and it was a little tough getting through the ice layers too. My bird feeders are all empty, but the snow is so deep that I can not get out there to refill them, so I filled a tray feeder and set it on the top of the snowbank on the back porch. It is already almost covered up, I need to go out,or rather lean out the door, and reposition it. The little kestrel/hawk was back again today and I tried to get a picture while it was sitting on one of the shepperd's crooks but it flew away. I got one of it in the trees, but it is not very good. I thought I had some Hanukkah candles in the cupboard, but it turns out I didn't so I wasn't able to light my candles last night. It is not looking too good for getting them today either. Maybe Don can stop at the store on the way home and pick some up for me, since he is out already. The snow has really started to come down faster again now and it doesn't seem like it will be stopping any time soon. I think we have picked up another inch or so in the past hour. This has been one heck of a storm and while the snow is pretty to look at, it sure has made things difficult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment