Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Happy (almost) New Year!
As it turns out my work did close early today, so now I am home after a quick stop at the grocery store. I am expecting Don home before too long. It still looks like we will be spending a quiet night at home, and I am just fine with that. I would like to spend time with our friends A and G but I don't like the idea of having to drive home from their place and Don and I both prefer to sleep at home. So, home it is. Tomorrow we are going over to see our "old friends" to help them take down their tree and have supper with them (homemade spicy minestrone soup! YUM!). They are both doing ok, the chemo is kicking in and J is losing her hair now. I know she is sad, but I also know that losing your hair is a much smaller price to pay than your life. Work has been ok this week, not a whole lot to report, as it has been a little bit slow. I hope that things pick up a little bit in the new year. I am very much looking forward to the new year. Big goings on, and happy times ahead! I know that it is up to each one of us to make the best of our new years and every year is always filled with hope and the promise of better things. It is important to remember to keep my head up, to follow my heart and to find my own fulfillment. Best wishes to all in 2009!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy New Year, sis!!! Our wishes for health, happiness and loads of great adventures. We love you guys bunches.
Post a Comment