Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rice in a Slow Cooker

Today the weather got a little warmer, some of the snow melted and the roads were pretty slushy. This evening it has started to snow again and they are forecasting freezing temperatures overnight and more snow tomorrow. I was able to get out and run the packages to the post office with only a little slipping. I made a crock-pot supper tonight and it turned out...weird. Somehow I still cannot manage rice properly in the slow cooker. The last time I did rice it got burned and was yucky and crunchy. This time it turned out like mushy oatmeal, only made with rice. Supper ricemeal with chicken and veggies. It had decent flavor, I used a spice blend from Penzeys but it just was not what I was hoping for. Plus the edges did get a little burned and I had to soak and scrub my stoneware for a long time before it was clean. Oh well. Don told me it wasn't so bad. I told him he didn't have to be nice if it was yucky and he still said it was fine. He didn't know what I was worried about. It was ok, I added a little cheese and that helped it out a bit...still...supper ricemeal!?!? I don't know.

No comments: