Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow Drift Blues

Despite the fact that the news kept saying no more snow today, it snowed most of the day. All my shoveling got snowed over and this evening when it finally stopped snowing, I went out and shoveled it again and then some. It took me about an hour to clear not quite half of the driveway. Just enough so Don can get back up the driveway and into the garage. My arms and back are pretty tired, the snow is very heavy. Don is still at work, I guess he had a 5 o'clock scheduled and they may have shown up since he is not home yet, or he could just be digging out. When we talked earlier he said the snow was up to his truck doors. The news tonight is calling for a dry night tonight but still freezing temperatures tomorrow ( no chance of a thaw, the weather man said) and then...snow again tomorrow evening to Wednesday. Maybe another 2-4 inches. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. I am not even sure if my office will be open or not. I guess I will just have to wait and see. Snow like this was much more fun when I was a kid and didn't have to worry about grown-up stuff...

No comments: